Product Development - Graduate Scheme
Many have a real passion for food; few can complement this with the potential, drive and ability to produce it. For those few, we offer the perfect graduate training programme, where you will have the opportunity to influence the food trends of the future.
We Are Bakkavor
Every day millions of people around the globe enjoy our food. We are Bakkavor, a leading provider in the fast-moving and dynamic world of fresh prepared food.
We are over 19,000 people working together across the UK, the US and China, to provide thousands of different products to our customers who include the world's top grocery retailers and foodservice operators, and ultimately, consumers who want fresh, convenient foods. Creating great tasting food has been part of our DNA since 1986.
Our Product Development Programme:
Join us and you will influence what the nation will be eating in the months and years ahead. Over two 12-month placements you will be working both independently and as a close-knit team to develop new and innovative products – by mixing, matching and evolving flavours across new food trends.
You will work alongside our experienced and talented chefs, who'll give you the freedom to flourish while challenging your ideas. You will get at least three site visits in your first year, plus formal training in: Sensory Analysis, Culinary Skills, Presentation Skills, Leadership and Management, Category Management and Commercial Skills, Consumer and Market Trends.
Ultimately it's about giving you an all-round understanding of product development and our food manufacturing business, as the journey from farm to fork is fast-moving and complex!
What You Will Need:
- Completed a food related degree achieving at least a 2:2.
- Three months' experience working in a food manufacturing, food and beverage or professional services environment.
- We'll expect you to have a high standard of practical culinary skills and knowledge of food trends.
- Awareness to come up with ideas that are as commercially viable as they are exciting.
What We Offer:
We believe a strong compensation and benefits package is important for recruiting and retaining top talent. We are therefore committed to creating a benefits programme that is competitive and flexible to work around you:
- £27,000 salary which is reviewed after completing your first year with us.•
- £1,000 sign-on bonus.
- The opportunity to own a brand new car at cheaper rates to get you on the road through Zenith.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- A two year Leadership Training Programme with Fieri Leadership.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holidays.
- Relocation assistance for each placement.
Our graduate scheme has been created to develop the future leaders and shapers of our business. Explore what you could do...