Graduate Quantity Surveyor 2019 - Suffolk
About the programme:
Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will play a key role in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. Working as a valued member of our commercial team, youll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential whilst being exposed to practical engineering with a clear focus on site experience. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Quantity Surveying Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited RICS scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Surveyor status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
What we're looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What youll need:
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Ideally have experience within a related environment
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
The roles will be based in Lowestoft
- For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
- Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact us.
- We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
- Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
- Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.