Quantity Surveyor Graduate 2017
Who we are
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
About the programme
Our quantity surveying graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICES/RICS scheme geared towards you achieving Chartered status. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will play a key role in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. Working as a valued member of our commercial team, you’ll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying such as:
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
- Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
- Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
- Assisting in subcontract management and, in time, taking responsibility for your own subcontractors
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years and you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you'll be supported by your line manager and mentor and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will network with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you’ll need
- 2:1 BEng (Hons), MEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
What we’re looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary, that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and a company car if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Our Quantity Surveying Graduate schemes are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
- Balfour Beatty Rail
- Balfour Beatty Major Projects
- Balfour Beatty Gas and Water
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme visit our website and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact us.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!