Undergraduate Summer Placement 2017 – Commercial
About the role
Within Balfour Beatty we have opportunities for Commercial Undergraduates to complete an 8-12 week placement in summer 2017. Our Undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office based placements available depending on the project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with some experience and to develop your skills to aid you with your university education. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your vacation placement. We want you to make a valid contribution to the business, so in order that you develop quickly, you will be given real responsibility as early as possible.
We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will work with the commercial team in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. You’ll be involved in many aspects such as:
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
- Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
- Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
Your experience with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialise in commercial management.
Who we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work (you may be required to relocate, as part of your training)
- A team-focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
What you’ll need
To be considered for one of our undergraduate roles, you’ll:
- Be studying for a BSc (Hons) in Business Studies, Commercial Management, or similar - ideally expecting to gain at least a 2:1
- Ideally, a full UK driving licence
Why work for us
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary, dependant on your year of study and any previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Group Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Placement student please visit our website.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact email@example.com.
Closing date – 28th April 2017
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!