Graduate Planner 2017 – South East
Who we are:
We are an international infrastructure group providing construction and infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools, hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever-changing diverse business.
What you'll be doing and about the programme:
Our planning graduates will follow a training programme as part of our accredited scheme – geared towards you achieving Chartered status. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business – these could include strategy, programming, project management and commercial - and you’ll soon appreciate the important role of planning. Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. The program aims to give you exposure to planning with a clear focus on site experience, with responsibility for dimensional control and compliance. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the following areas
- Be aware of and work within the project planning and programming strategic plan, consistent with the business stream IMS and guidelines
- Support the planning team in delivering programmes to the required specification as dictated by the project planning and programming strategic plan. Develop independent working ability to prepare short term programmes
- Be aware of the implications to project programmes of design changes
- Support the planning team in the production of any progress records and reports
- Attend meetings where appropriate, ensuring to display the correct company image.
- Develop a clear understanding of the responsibilities assigned.
- Develop planning knowledge and software skills.
- Establish the form of contract and the key implications for the project planning.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years, you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you'll be supported by your line manager and mentor and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will network with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Who we're looking for
To be considered for our graduate scheme, you’ll have:
- 2:2 BEng (Hons), MEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a construction related degree
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and a company car if applicable to the role.
Our Planner Graduates are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!