Graduate Design Manager 2017 – South East
Who are we:
We are an international infrastructure group providing construction and infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools, hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever-changing diverse business.
What you'll be doing:
Within the role of Graduate Design Manager you will be assisting the design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs for our UKCS business unit. You will assist the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project. These may include: Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, BIM Execution Plan, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years, you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you'll be supported by your line manager and mentor and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will network with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
By joining our graduate scheme, you’ll work closely with the people who are driving the business forward. The scheme will support the development of your skills, knowledge and experience, and will help you become an expert in your own field.
Who we're looking for
To be considered for our graduate scheme, you’ll have:
- 2:2 in Architecture, Civil Engineering / Engineering or Architectural Technology
- Ideally, experience in an construction/engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
- Good working knowledge of BIM is required and will be expected to meet the requisite BIM competences associated with this role. Excellent IT Skills, relevant to the business stream, including BIM and Microsoft Office are required.
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and a company car if applicable to the role.
Our Design Management Graduates are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact email@example.com.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Closing date – 15th January 2017
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!