Who we are:
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
About the programme:
Our Planning graduates will follow a training programme as part of our accredited scheme geared towards you achieving Charted status. Depending on project requirements you could be site or office based.
You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business, including strategy, programming, project management and commercial. Our aim is to develop your skills and help you reach your full potential. The role will give you exposure to planning with a clear focus on site experience, with responsibility for dimensional control and compliance. You’ll soon understand and appreciate the important role of planning within our business.
As the graduate programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the following areas:
- Be aware of and work within the project planning and programming strategic plan, consistent with the business stream IMS and guidelines.
- Support the planning team in delivering programmes to the required specification as dictated by the project planning and programming strategic plan. Develop independent working ability to prepare short term programmes
- Be aware of the implications to project programmes of design changes
- Support the planning team in the production of any progress records and reports
- Attend meetings where appropriate
- Develop a clear understanding of the responsibilities assigned
- Develop planning knowledge and software skills
- Establish the form of contact and the key implication for the project planning
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years; you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
To be considered for our graduate scheme you’ll have:
- 2:2 BEng (Hons), MEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a construction related degree
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- Full UK driving Licence
What we’re looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate or travel for the role)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Our Graduate Planners are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduate and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date – applications are open until 15th April 2018, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!