Who we are:
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
About the programme:
As a Graduate Estimator you will assist with all estimating aspects of a bid, helping to ensure that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in line with the Balfour Beatty Management Systems.
You will establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and the Bid Teams.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years; you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
To be considered for our graduate scheme you’ll have:
- 2:2 BA (Hons), Msc (Merit) or BSc (Hons) in a Construction Management or Quantity Surveying degree
- Exceptional logic and analytical skills
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- Full UK driving Licence
What we’re looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate or travel for the role)
- Understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports is desirable
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Salary and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Our Graduate Estimators are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduate and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – applications are open until 15th April 2018, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!