Undergraduate Summer Placement 2018 – Software Engineer
Who we are:
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Within Balfour Beatty we have opportunities for Software Engineering Undergraduates to complete an 8-12 week placement in the summer of 2018. Our Software Engineering Undergraduate roles are typically site based, however occasionally we have office based placements available depending on the project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of software engineering to support your studies. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to our business throughout your placement. In order to develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role and given real responsibility as early as possible.
To be considered for our undergraduate roles you’ll need:
- Be studying for a Software Engineering (BEng or MEng) degree ideally expecting to gain at least a 2:2
- Ideally a full UK driving licence
What we’re looking for:
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and an eagerness to learn
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to travel as part of your training)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Our Software Engineering Summer Placements are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty Rail
Salary and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduate and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date – applications are open until 15th April 2018, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!