Undergraduate Industrial Placement 2019 - Quantity Surveyor
About the programme:
Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2019. Our Quantity Surveying undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office based placements available depending on project requirements. We develop projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will work with the commercial team ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of quantity surveying to support your studies. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us, as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement. So in order that you develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role including site and office based experience as early as possible.
Our opportunities are based in Midlands, South East, North West, South West and London.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
- Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
- Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
- Assisting in subcontract management and, in time, taking responsibility for your own subcontractors.
- Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialise in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
What we’re looking for:
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
What you’ll need:
- Be studying for a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management, or similar - expecting to achieve a 2:2
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect if you continue on to become a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduate and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org