Graduate Planner - Highways 2019
About the programme:
Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
By joining our business graduate scheme, you’ll work closely with the people who are driving the business forward. Over the two year development programme, you’ll get a taste of different business areas, with each one offering an insider’s view of the people, processes and technology that are transforming our business.
Our programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What we’re looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- Initiative thinkers who can develop detailed solutions to complex problems and then simply communicate solution’s to the construction teams
- Utilise computer software to plan projects to produce both programmes and BIM models of the schedule.
- The ability to analytically evaluate data and develop strategies and sequences to deliver large complex infrastructure projects.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Construction ,Civil Engineering or Project Management
- Ideally have work experience
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Our Planning roles are based nationally, current locations of projects are Kent, Berkshire, M25 , Hereford, Warrington, Hull, Birmingham, Cambridge, Aberdeen, Perth, and other locations awaiting contract awards.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role.
Our Graduate Planner scheme is based in our Major Project, Highways business.
Balfour Beatty will not support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role and all applicants for this role must have the right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.