Graduate Civil Design Coordinator 2019 - South East
What you'll be doing
Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential whilst being exposed to practical engineering with a clear focus on site experience. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
As a Graduate Design Co-ordinator you’ll work on a variety of different projects, including new build and refurbishment/remodelling schemes. Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking designs to comply with applicable standards and procedures
- Assisting in the co-ordination of the design process on live projects
- Assisting in ensuring that the highest possible safety standards are implemented and maintained via risk mitigation in the design process
- Ensuring that design information is accurate and available to enable all construction activities to proceed efficiently
- Supporting the site commercial team by providing clear records of design changes
Our Civil Design Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status. This scheme has a strong emphasis on the design element of Civil Engineering. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
Who we're looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
Our Civil Design Coordinator Graduate scheme is based in our Construction Services division in the South East (Wokingham).