Undergraduate Industrial Placement 2019 - Business Management
About the role
Within Balfour Beatty we have opportunities for Business Undergraduates to complete a year long placement. Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience into the way we operate that will help support your studies. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to our business throughout your placement. So in order to develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role working on live projects/contracts and to learn from a host of experienced and talented managers.
Who we're looking for
To be considered for our graduate scheme, you’ll have:
- 2:2 in a business related degree
- Ideally, experience or an interest in an construction/engineering environment
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and an eagerness to learn
- A flexible approach to work (you may be required to relocate, as part of your training)
- A team-focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Why work for us
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary, dependant on your year of study and any previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Group Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Placement student please visit our website.
Should you require any further support with your application please email us.
We are the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks.