Looking for a graduate job that delivers real responsibility from day one?
The BAM Graduate Development scheme - Quantity Surveying is designed for graduates who have completed a quantity surveying degree. Ideally RICS accredited. You will be either in your final year of study now or have recently completed your degree.
Playing an important and proactive role in our project surveying teams, the graduate scheme will provide you with a broad range of experience in your first 2 years with the company and will establish an underlying base of knowledge for your future career with BAM.
Focusing on your core discipline, quantity surveying, you will also have the opportunity to work in other discipline areas.
- To understand the role and responsibilities of a BAM Quantity Surveyor
- To develop the commercial skills needed to perform the role of a quantity surveyor and demonstrate the application of these skills
- To appreciate the interaction with different disciplines that is needed to undertake the role of a quantity surveyor
- To understand the business management systems used by BAM through work experience and attendance at workshops
- To provide the knowledge necessary to work safely, with consideration for others and for the environment
- To develop personal and managerial skills necessary to career progression
- To develop communication skills, and appreciate how to deal effectively with others
We encourage our graduates to become professionally qualified. The programme is aligned to the RICS APC.
In addition to providing you with a wealth of guidance and support in undertaking the APC, we also pay all the fees!
Personal and technical skills training forms an important part of your development programme. You will be given the opportunity to attend a number of internal and external training courses, and these will contribute to your RICS professional development record.
To succeed as a BAM Graduate you will have:
- A clear passion for the construction industry and a good understanding of the role of a quantity surveyor
- The ability to negotiate
- A methodical approach to your work, combined with strong numeracy skills
- Well-developed team working and influencing ability
- Enthusiasm and self-drive
- The ability to set high standards within a team dynamic
Every effort is made to provide you with an environment that allows you to evolve both professionally and personally.
You will have regular contact with a dedicated Learning and Development manager.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!