Business with Consumer Psychology MSc
This joint Masters degree is designed for graduates wishing to start, or further develop, careers in Consumer Psychology and Business. The programme is delivered by schools which enjoy an international reputation in their field.
The marriage of both disciplines is a natural one, as understanding behaviour and specifically consumer behaviour in the world of business can be crucial to the success of businesses.
Today’s successful businesses and organisations need highly trained people who can help them understand their consumers and understand issues such as: What makes them choose one product over another? Do brand names and advertising really affect our thinking? Will the internet change the face of urban and suburban shopping areas?
- Consumer Psychology: This module is an introduction to consumer science as it is currently practiced in the marketplace and to relevant research in academia.
- Nudges and Behaviour Change: Module details are currently not available.
- Marketing Strategy: This module critically evaluates the contributions of various schools of thought in marketing, and examines the relevant analytical models and management practices, with emphasis on the strategic importance of marketing to all organisations.
- Management Research: This module analyses the philosophical basis for research in the management sciences, and examines a number of key methodological issues and approaches.
- Applied Consumer Psychology: This module’s aim is to provide practical research experience in consumer psychology and involves hands-on work with viable commercial enterprises. Students are partnered with local companies and are required to design and conduct a practical consumer research project, typically involving field work.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!