Qualitative Analytics Graduate
Our industry-leading Quantitative Analytics team is an integral part of Barclays Corporate and Investment Bank. We develop and support quantitative solutions and provide expert quantitative advice across the board, including our Technology team for model integration and strategic technology changes.
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by top talents and experts of the industry, who will help you to achieve your goals and ambitions. Our collaborative and supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. As well as gaining invaluable exposure to real world problems in our dynamic and invigorating environment, by working on cutting edge quantitative and technology issues.
- A strong technical academic background (C++, Python, mathematics)
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate complex issues
- Team collaboration
- We expect excellence (completed or working towards PhD or Masters) in a technical discipline such as Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or similar
Day in the Life
Understanding and monitoring the markets 20%
Networking with colleagues and clients 30%
Conference calls 15%
Developing models and solutions 35%
Debut Inside Knowledge
- Online Applications – attention to detail matters and save a copy.
- Practise, practise, practise the online test before you start.
- Make sure you are prepared and allow enough time to complete un-distracted.
- Assessment Centre – be punctual, positive and prepared with questions
- Always do your research – delve deeper to differentiate yourself
- Be prepared to demonstrate what motivates you about a career in Finance
- Keep up to date with current affairs / market updates and news
- Follow-up after meeting someone – leave a lasting impression
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!