Technology Graduate - Emerging Technologist
Technology underpins everything we do - the deals we make, the services we provide, the way we work.
So whether you join us as a developer or business analyst or as part of the pioneering team working on pre-emptive defence, you'll be able to have an impact while helping to create the innovations that keep the whole bank moving forward.
Our award-winning work includes our payments product Pingit, our multi-asset class e-trading platform BARX which trades US$50 billion a day, and our Talking ATMs for blind customers. ep the whole bank moving forward.
Emerging Technologist – don’t want to write the code, but still want to be in the world of Technology? If you have a passion to shape tomorrow’s future through technology, come and play a critical role in helping drive forward change and innovative solutions to complex problems.
We look for highly motivated individuals who are keen to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving. Though technical skills are useful, Barclays provides training to all incoming graduates and hire from a variety of educational backgrounds. A successful graduate has a strong work ethic and is keen to learn and develop his/her skill set, allowing them to deliver the best product to our clients.
Day in the Life
- Analysing clients needs 20%
- Developing code 20%
- Creating technology solutions 30%
- Building relationships with colleagues 30%
Debut Inside Knowledge
- Online Applications – attention to detail matters and save a copy.
- Practise, practise, practise the online test before you start.
- Make sure you are prepared and allow enough time to complete un-distracted.
- Assessment Centre – be punctual, positive and prepared with questions
- Always do your research – delve deeper to differentiate yourself
- Be prepared to demonstrate what motivates you about a career in Finance
- Keep up to date with current affairs / market updates and news
- Follow-up after meeting someone – leave a lasting impression
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!