As a Salesperson, you'll work with high-profile corporate and institutional clients who have significant capital to invest.
Your job will be to match their needs to our products and services and help them achieve their ambitions in the right way.
It's a fast, fascinating and incredibly dynamic place to build a career - and you'll be part of a team that's key to the growth of our clients' businesses and our own. To do well, you'll need a flair for relationships as well as a talent for analysis and numbers.
We look for highly motivated individuals who are keen to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving. Though technical skills are useful, Barclays provides training to all incoming graduates and hire from a variety of educational backgrounds. A successful graduate has a strong work ethic and is keen to learn and develop his/her skill set, allowing them to deliver the best product to our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
Get ready to move quickly. As part of our Sales team, you’ll work at the crux of the world’s financial markets, reacting swiftly to new information and market trends to help clients make their next move with confidence. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with colleagues
- Presenting and communicating your proposals
- React quickly to changes in the market
- Dealing with high-profile corporate and institutional clients
Day in the Life
- Monitoring the market 25%
- Networking with colleagues 25%
- Conference calls 15%
- Dealing with high-profile clients 35%
Debut Inside Knowledge
- Online Applications – attention to detail matters and save a copy.
- Practise, practise, practise the online test before you start.
- Make sure you are prepared and allow enough time to complete un-distracted.
- Assessment Centre – be punctual, positive and prepared with questions
- Always do your research – delve deeper to differentiate yourself
- Be prepared to demonstrate what motivates you about a career in Finance
- Keep up to date with current affairs / market updates and news
- Follow-up after meeting someone – leave a lasting impression
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!