As a Banking Analyst, you will have an active role in the team with real responsibility. You can expect to engage on a daily basis with senior professionals in your team, as well as clients and other teams within the Investment Bank.
As a full-time Analyst, you will develop the skills needed to excel at financial analysis and will begin to acquire client pitching skills.
We look for highly motivated individuals who are keen to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving. Though technical skills are useful, Barclays provides training to all incoming graduates and hire from a variety of educational backgrounds. A successful graduate has a strong work ethic and is keen to learn and develop his/her skill set, allowing them to deliver the best product to our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
The challenges and opportunities in this part of our business come thick and fast - and in all shapes and sizes. They range from acquisitions, financing, divestitures and restructurings to leveraged buyouts, exclusive sales and takeover defence.
No matter where you work Banking you'll enjoy the flexibility to find your passion and develop in a host of different directions. And you'll be creating solutions that go far beyond the obvious, as you help us continue to set the pace in the financial services industry.
Day in the Life
- Analysing Finance data 25%
- Helping define our finance strategy 25%
- Managing change within finance 25%
- Building Relationships with colleagues 25%
Debut Inside Knowledge
- Online Applications – attention to detail matters and save a copy.
- Practise, practise, practise the online test before you start.
- Make sure you are prepared and allow enough time to complete un-distracted.
- Assessment Centre – be punctual, positive and prepared with questions
- Always do your research – delve deeper to differentiate yourself
- Be prepared to demonstrate what motivates you about a career in Finance
- Keep up to date with current affairs / market updates and news
- Follow-up after meeting someone – leave a lasting impression
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!