Electrical Engineering 2017 Opportunity
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting programme that offers:
- Industry experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Structured learning and development
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership (this programme is accredited by the IET)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Opportunities for electrical engineering graduates are available in Infrastructure (highways, rail/metro systems, urban developments, airports etc.) and Oil, Gas and Chemicals business units. Depending on the area you apply for the duties in your day to day role will vary.
Here you can join us in either engineering or construction and you can expect to gain a broad view of our business. As a field engineer we can provide you with hands on electrical engineering experience on site.
- Assisting in the design, installation and quality of the electrical elements on the project
- Resolving technical issues and leading regular coordination meetings with the client
- Coordinating and resolving technical issues with the other disciplines
- Coordinating constructability reviews for all the services within the new and existing civil assets
- Additional experience or opportunities in other functions and international assignments.
Oil, Gas and Chemicals
- Designing the generation, distribution, control and monitoring system for the power supply network in the plant
- Designing the data communication and security systems (including CCTV, Public Address system, Access Control systems and internal data networks)
- Preparing detailed calculations short circuit calculations, load flow studies, transient analysis, radio coverage calculations, sound pressure levels for announcement system and bandwidth calculations
- Preparing design philosophies and load calculations
- Specifying and ordering critical electrical equipment like transformers (as large as 200MVA), motors (40MW), AC/DC uninterruptible power supply units and emergency diesel generators
- Attend factory acceptance tests for electrical equipment
- Use specialized software programs like ETAP (system study software) and SmartPlant
Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree in electrical engineering, electrical & electronic engineering or systems engineering (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU.
Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!