Process Safety 2017 Opportunity
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting four year scheme that offers:
- Industry specific experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Structured learning and development
- Buddy systems and
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership
Based in our London Oil, Gas and Chemicals offices initially, our graduates will experience a vast range of opportunities with genuine international career prospects for the future. It’s a truly inspiring platform on which to build a successful and rewarding long-term career.
Position duties and responsibilities
Process Safety specialists are an integral part of the project team in all of Bechtel’s OG&C project teams, covering all phases of projects from preliminary studies to detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects.
As a Process Safety Engineer Graduate, you will be responsible for a range of stimulating and challenging assignments including but not limited to;
- design related aspects such as safety distances and plot layout development, fire protection and loss prevention, hazardous area classification
- Development of safety cases, co-ordination of multi-discipline reviews and undertaking modelling studies (such as flammable gas dispersion , vapour cloud explosion and thermal radiation modelling) to support both layout and safety of
- These activities require both a high level of specialist technical knowledge and a broad understanding of how safety requirements are integrated into practical cost-effective projects. Good communication skills are also required for liaison with client specialists and potentially with regulatory bodies.
- Process Safety Specialists will most likely have a chemical engineering degree and can participate fully in the Engineering Graduate Development Programme which is accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineering and is designed to help you become Chartered as early as possible. We will also support specialist Process Safety career development including the recently-introduced Professional Process Safety Engineer qualification.
The ability to take the initiative and work well as part of a team are crucial skills for Bechtel Graduates.
Our people are driven by achieving tangible results and finding practical solutions to complex problems, so you'll need to have more than just exceptional academic talent. You will need to be able to grasp the essentials of any situation quickly, think on your feet, come up with workable ideas, and then communicate them clearly and persuasively.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!