Mechanical Engineering 2017 Opportunity
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting programme that offers:
- Industry experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Structured learning and development
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership (our programme is accredited by the IMechE)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Opportunities for mechanical engineering graduates are available in Infrastructure (highways, rail/metro systems, urban developments, airports etc.) and Oil, Gas and Chemicals business units. Depending on the area you apply for the duties in your day to day role will vary.
- Here you can join us in either engineering or construction and you can expect to gain a broad view of our business. As a field engineer we can provide you with hands on mechanical engineering experience on site.
- Assisting in the design, installation and quality of the mechanical elements on the project
- Resolving technical issues and leading regular coordination meetings with the client
- Coordinating and resolving technical issues with the other disciplines
- Coordinating constructability reviews for all the services within the new and existing civil assets
- Additional experience or opportunities in other functions and international assignments.
Oil, Gas and Chemicals
- Preparing and reviewing calculations, drawings, specifications and datasheets of mechanical equipment
- Reviewing design documents from equipment suppliers
- Design calculations and equipment sizing
- Material takeoffs and estimating support
- Design specifications
- Material requisitions which list the scope of work for our suppliers
- Project engineering/ management of the Vendors and Contractors who provide equipment into our projects.
- Construction support
- Conducting computer aided design (CAD) & computer aided engineering (CAE) for 3D modelling of the whole plant.
Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree in mechanical engineering (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU.
Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!