Environmental Engineering 2017 Opportunity
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we're tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting four year scheme that offers:
- Industry specific experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Structured learning and development
- Buddy systems and
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership
Based in our London Oil, Gas and Chemicals offices, our graduates will experience a vast range of opportunities with genuine international career prospects for the future. It’s a truly inspiring platform on which to build a successful and rewarding long-term career.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The company’s stated aim is no harm to the environment, hence our Environmental teams work in all our projects from oil and gas production through to refining and petrochemicals. Environmental engineers are always close to the heart of our project teams and work closely with all other disciplines. The group covers all phases of projects from preliminary studies to detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects.
Environmental Engineers may have a chemical engineering degree and can participate fully in the Engineering Graduate Development Programme which is accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineering and is designed to help you become Chartered as early as possible. Or they can have Environmental Engineering degrees and become chartered through CIWEM or IEMA if they wish
As an Environmental Engineer Graduate, you will be responsible for a range of stimulating and challenging assignments including but not limited to;
- Production of wastewater treatment design bases and PFD’s
- Assisting environmental lead with technical bid evaluation
- Assisting the environmental lead with ENVID preparation
- Assisting the environmental lead with review of environmental legislation
- Preparation of environmental emission inventories
- Assisting the environmental lead with data flow to environmental consultants in order to get the project’s EIA approved
- Managing noise modelling with CadnaA
- Assisting the environmental lead with AERMOD and CANARY air dispersion modelling studies
These activities require both a high level of specialist technical knowledge and a broad understanding of how environmental requirements are integrated into practical cost-effective projects.Good communication skills are also required for liaison with client specialists and potentially with regulatory bodies.
The ability to take the initiative and work well as part of a team are crucial skills for Bechtel Graduates.
Our people are driven by achieving tangible results and finding practical solutions to complex problems, so you'll need to have more than just exceptional academic talent. You will need to be able to grasp the essentials of any situation quickly, think on your feet, come up with workable ideas, and then communicate them clearly and persuasively.
- Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU. Free from sponsorship
- Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!