Control Systems Engineering 2017 Opportunity
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we're tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting four year scheme that offers:
- Industry specific experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Structured learning and development
- Buddy systems and
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership
Based in our London Oil, Gas and Chemicals offices initially, our graduates will experience a vast range of opportunities with genuine international career prospects for the future. It’s a truly inspiring platform on which to build a successful and rewarding long-term career.
Position duties and responsibilities
As a Control Systems Engineer Graduate, you will be responsible for a range of stimulating and challenging assignments including but not limited to;
- Preparing and reviewing calculations, drawings, specifications and datasheets of control and instrumentation equipment
- Reviewing design documents from equipment suppliers
- Material takeoffs and cost estimate support
- Design specifications and data sheets
- Material requisitions which list the scope of work for our suppliers
- Project engineering/ management of the Vendors and Contractors who provide equipment into our projects.
- Construction support
- Conducting computer aided design (CAD) & computer aided engineering (CAE) for detailed design deliverables
- Representing Bechtel at equipment Factory Acceptance Tests
Primarily we work in Oil Gas and Chemicals throughout the world. Recently we have worked on projects in Egypt, East Africa, Canada, Middle East, Kazakhstan for LNG, Polypropylene, Gas Treatment and Oil Refining.
Control Systems Engineers interface with all the other Engineering teams such as Civil, Structural, Undergrounds, Process (Chemical Engineers), Electrical, Mechanical, Safety, Environmental and Metallurgy so you will have high visibility in the organization.
The ability to take the initiative and work well as part of a team are crucial skills for Bechtel Graduates.
Our people are driven by achieving tangible results and finding practical solutions to complex problems, so you'll need to have more than just exceptional academic talent. You will need to be able to grasp the essentials of any situation quickly, think on your feet, come up with workable ideas, and then communicate them clearly and persuasively.
- Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU. Free from sponsorship
- Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!