Chemical Engineering 2017 Opportunity
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we're tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting four year scheme that offers:
- Industry specific experience
- Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
- Networking and social events with other graduates
- Structured learning and development
- Buddy systems and
- Full support towards obtaining Chartership
Based in our London Oil, Gas and Chemicals offices initially, our graduates will experience a vast range of opportunities with genuine international career prospects for the future. It’s a truly inspiring platform on which to build a successful and rewarding long-term career.
Position duties and responsibilities
Our process group works across a wide range of industry from oil and gas production through to refining and petrochemicals. Process engineers are always close to the heart of our project teams, where you will get experience from first concept, modelling and design through to construction, commissioning and startup of facilities.
As a Process Engineer Graduate, you will be responsible for a range of stimulating and challenging assignments including but not limited to;
- Basis of design, capturing purpose, context and conceptual design for the project and individual units
- Design studies, developing and selecting the best option.
- Process Flow Schemes and heat and material balances
- Utilities and chemical consumption
- Equipment process data sheets, sizing and defining major equipment and safeguarding systems.
- Process and Instrument diagrams showing details of all connections in the facility.
- Operating philosophies, commissioning, operating and shutdown procedures.
Whilst doing this you will learn to use the best tools for process modelling and optimizing, helping innovate and improve our designs. You will learn to apply global and specific standards to a design and be regularly involved in discussions and reviews with other disciplines and clients.
The ability to take the initiative and work well as part of a team are crucial skills for Bechtel Graduates.
Our people are driven by achieving tangible results and finding practical solutions to complex problems, so you'll need to have more than just exceptional academic talent. You will need to be able to grasp the essentials of any situation quickly, think on your feet, come up with workable ideas, and then communicate them clearly and persuasively.
- Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU.
- Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!