Equity Fundamentals Analyst - German Speaker
You love the pace of the financial markets. You’re always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You’re the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires breaking news and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Equity Fundamentals team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team we're responsible for enhancing and reporting fundamentals related content for the Bloomberg Terminal. Offering reported on and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, industry-specific data points, and Business Line and Geographic Segmentation data - we move markets!
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of a portfolio of companies.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Fundamentals market, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Manage large and complex data projects related to Equity Fundamental market datasets
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility.
We need you to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in English and German
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
It would be great if you had:
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Interest in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!