Rolls-Royce Motor Cars - 12 month internship - Aftersales, Parts Operations
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer a number of internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 6 or 12 month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce – ‘take the best that exists and make it better’ permeates everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, while gaining practical insight into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
Aftersales, Parts Operations
We are looking for an undergraduate student to complete a 12 month internship in the parts operations environment of Aftersales for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. The successful candidate will be supporting the Material Planning Manager and Parts Operations Manager which exposes you to the aspects of supply chain management, dealer ordering, warehousing, outbound operation, customs and reporting within the overall supplier to customer process chain.
The on-going supply chain quality strategy project and requires ad hoc support from an IT, process and data analysis point of view. You as the student will be a vital asset to support the team in the analysis, planning and implementation point of view. As we are a fast growing business with a very fast changing environment, the projects will be known nearer the time.
If you like to be part of an enthusiastic team that is always striving for improving the status quo, feel as comfortable working in an office as moving about in a warehouse with a more hands on approach and have a strong desire to deliver the best customer service then this is the ideal place for you to learn about and be part of shaping the inbound and outbound supply chain of the Aftermarket at a Luxury Automotive manufacturer.
- Projects to optimise the supply chain for spare parts
- Daily and weekly reporting including the creation of supplier scorecards to monitor and analyse performance
- Creation of other ad-hoc reports
- Data analysis
- Design and implementation of new reports, functionalities and processes on SAP
- General support on Material Planning and Parts Ordering
- Process improvements for the Material Planning Team
- Support in defining and seeing through changes on the SAP environment which supports our supply chain processes.
- Support with the delivery targets for our internal Leathershop and Woodshop.
We offer a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As well as being surrounded by many fellow interns throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field.
The application process is as follows:
Stage 1 Online application form*
Stage 2 Online ability tests (To be completed within 5 days of receipt)
Stage 3 Telephone interview with the recruitment team
Stage 4 Face to face interview with the hiring manager
*If you do not complete the free text questions your application will not be reviewed.
Applications close on Sunday 28th January 2018.
Please be aware that we complete rolling recruitment. As such, those candidates that have made an early application and have successfully moved through the recruitment process will be invited to the first face to face interviews.
For any further enquiries please contact the Central Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
Please note that our Undergraduate Placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us.
Qualifications and experience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- Fluent in English
- Competent in MS Office, with specific experience in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with MS Access preferable, but not mandatory
- Interested in working within a customer orientated environment
- Affinity to data analysis and problem solving
- Interested in learning how to design and implement changes within the SAP environment to support business processes
- Desire to continuously improve processes
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!