Rolls-Royce Motor Cars - 12 month internship - Trade Compliance
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer a number of internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 6 or 12 month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce – ‘take the best that exists and make it better’ permeates everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, while gaining practical insight into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
Finance, Trade Compliance
The role has a broad range of responsibilities, supporting the Trade Compliance Manager. The role can be challenging and will require initiative. Accurate Research is also a key part of this role due to the variety of topics that we encounter in global trade.
- Support with the monitoring and marketing of our AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status internally.
- Assist with daily enquires relating to the customs process and documentation for vehicles and accessories
- Support the logistics function with customs compliance relating to motor show and events
- Develop templates and process documents for temporary movement of goods on a country by country basis.
- Support with training materials.
- Develop tools for capturing updates to World Customs changes
- Assist in the development of KPIs for the Customs Function
- Assist for the roll-out of new internal order process.
- Liaison with central customs function in Munich.
We offer a competitive salary of £17,500 per annum and a range of benefits including a pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and a subsidised on-site restaurant. As well as being surrounded by many fellow interns throughout your internship you will be supported by our experts in your chosen field.
The application process is as follows:
Stage 1 Online application form*
Stage 2 Online ability tests (To be completed within 5 days of receipt)
Stage 3 Telephone interview with the recruitment team
Stage 4 Face to face interview with the hiring manager
*If you do not complete the free text questions your application will not be reviewed.
Applications close on Sunday 28th January 2018.
Please be aware that we complete rolling recruitment. As such, those candidates that have made an early application and have successfully moved through the recruitment process will be invited to the first face to face interviews.
For any further enquiries please contact the Central Recruitment Team.
Please note that our Undergraduate Placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us.
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills – communicate regularly with a wide range of people at all levels across the company and externally
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent administration/project management/organisation/IT skills
- ‘Hands-on’ and ‘can do’ attitude
- Target driven with proven ability to deliver on time, under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Able to multi-task, whilst maintaining focus on the priorities and flawless attention to detail
- Knowledge of customs regulation (not essential)
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!