London – Graduate Analyst Programme 2017 – Strategy & Risk
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues.
About Strategy & Risk
The candidate will work across several of the Strategy & Risk teams, specifically, Global Business Risk, R3, Regulatory Implementation and Strategy & Business Development, working on specific projects and on regular resource management.
The Strategy & Risk team is an independent team within Global Markets which has overall responsibility for:
- The strategy of the Global Markets business, including new acquisitions and disposals and benchmarking vs competitor institutions, taking into account the regulatory and competitive environment
- The Resource consumption of the business in terms of Capital and balance sheet, the management of our overall resources and allocations to the business
- The Risks of the business in terms of specific transactions and new businesses, the existing portfolio of risks and the credit risk of our counterparties
- Implementation of new regulations ensuring the business understands their obligations and ensuring adherence
- Identification and proactive interaction with regulators on forthcoming regulations and understanding their impact on the Global markets business
- Identifying potential operational risk and working on implementing solutions to mitigate these risks within the business
- The Conduct of the business, ensuring the business in which we engage is ethical and is executed in a correct and sustainable manner
The candidate will be work on projects across the first four areas above.
What you’ll do
The candidate may work on the following types of projects:
- Investigating the positions that Global Markets has in a particular asset class or with a particular client type, analyse that information and helping to develop a proposal about whether constraints should be placed on that business in future, taking into account the regulatory environment
- Benchmarking of specific areas of our business, consolidating data from external providers such as Coalition and Oliver Wyman, analysing data and drafting clear presentations
- Working on the implementation of new regulations, such as French Banking Law, Volcker, MiFID, EMIR, etc.
- Supporting the R3 Capital team with regulatory reporting and optimisation of capital, RWA and Leverage Ratio consumption, G-SIB indicators and levies such as the UK Bank Levy and European Resolution Fund
- Identifying potential areas of risk by reading industry publications and investigating the GM business in that area to identify specific risks in our business
Technical skills and qualifications required for the role
- An understanding of Global Markets businesses and products preferred
- Advanced Excel/VBA/Powerpoint required
- Able to compile and consolidate data, analyse effectively and draw valid and reasonable conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills able to communicate proactively and efficiently and adapt communication style to different people
- Exhibits strong character traits in critical thinking and analytical reasoning
- Able to present verbally and in writing in an effective and clear manner
- Ability to identify and understand the potential risks posed by businesses and transactions, including market, legal, reputation, conduct and operational risk
- Very strong problem-solving skills, e.g. capacity to analyse issues, identify solutions and communicate them in an effective manner
- Ability to understand the regulatory environment and the impact of new and coming regulation on the Global Markets business
- Strong academic background and degree from a leading University
- Very results driven and delivers high quality, and high impact work
- Team player, with ability and willingness to collaborate across teams and businesses
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Closing Date: 30th November 2016
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!