London - Summer Internship Programme 2017 – Corporate Finance
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
If you are interested in Corporate Finance, our Summer Internship Programme provides the ideal opportunity to experience the full scope and diversity of interaction that occurs between large corporate clients, financial institutions and a global Investment Bank. The initial training you’ll receive will enhance your technical and professional skills and help you to hit the ground running.
What you’ll do
Our Corporate Finance department offers advisory services for mergers and acquisitions (M&A), equity capital markets (ECM) transactions and balance sheet restructuring, combining the expertise across multiple industry groups with a focused international approach.
Your role will include:
- Financial analysis and valuation by developing quantitative models
- Preparing presentations and information in the origination and execution framework for transactions
- Actively participating in the transaction process
- Exposure to a wide range of clients and projects
- Assisting in conducting industry research and analysis
- Preparing pitch books, presentations and memorandums
- Coordinating with professional parties and/or the Stock Exchange on working progress controlling
- Performing due diligence, reviewing and analysing results of due diligence exercise
- Monitoring the progress of the listing / transaction process
What we’re looking for
- Strong academic record, ideally in Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Financial Analysis, Valuation or Corporate Strategy
- Demonstrable interest in the financial markets or economic affairs
- Excellent presentation, communication and written skills
- Good at building relationships
- Analytical thinking and strong attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!