London – Graduate Analyst Programme 2017 – Foreign Exchange and Local Markets
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Who we are
BNP Paribas’ FXLM business offers a complete suite of products and services to address clients’ investing and hedging needs. Operating from our three global hubs we offer Sales, Trading, Research and Strategy, FX Prime Brokerage, Local Markets coverage and Electronic Trading capabilities.
What you’ll do
You will be hired into FXLM as a Graduate Analyst with the opportunity to rotate across two desks. These desks include:
Sales: Sales roles offer you an opportunity to gain a full understanding of all of the products BNP Paribas offers. It involves helping to build a client database, assisting in the management reporting of desk activities and investigating trade settlement problems. You’ll market ideas through formal events like pitches and presentations but you’ll also need to be ready to network with clients and travel regularly to meet them to discuss trade ideas. As you progress, you’ll cover and nurture your own account list, delivering creative and innovative solutions to your clients in liaison with the Trading and Research teams.
Trading: Traders generate revenues for the bank. Working in the fast-paced environment of the trading floor, you must be knowledgeable about your area of the markets and be able to rapidly weigh up risks and returns in order to identify opportunities and determine the best strategies and prices. As a member of the Trading team, you will work closely with Sales; trading a wide range of cash and derivative products whilst gaining an in-depth knowledge of market dynamics.
Structuring: If you join us as a Structurer, you’ll analyse problems and work closely with Sales and Trading to put together solutions to tackle the investment and liability management needs of our clients. You’ll conduct market and deals research, price options, create handbooks and back test various structured products.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable interest in the financial markets or economic affairs
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English are crucial and other languages are a definite advantage in this field as you will ideally converse with your clients in their native language
Technical skills and qualification required for the role
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related disciplines
- Previous related internship or work experience in financial services and/or investment banking
- Programming skills such as C++ are advantageous
- Good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel in particular)
- Experience in using information systems (Bloomberg, Reuters)
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!