London – Graduate Analyst Programme 2017 – Quantitative Research
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
What you’ll do
We have a number of opportunities to provide exposure to a wide range of absorbing quantitative research initiatives within BNP Paribas Global Markets, focusing on Interest Rate Derivatives, Flow Rates, Structured and Flow Credit, FX, CVA & LVA, electronic trading and client analytics. We have daily front-line exposure to traders, marketers and risk managers providing cutting-edge research and risk management solutions based on innovative mathematical, statistical and technological concepts.
What we’re looking for
- Methodical and innovative thinker
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication skills
Technical skills and qualification required for the role
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD equivalent in any degree discipline that provides a sound knowledge of stochastic calculus and numerical methods
- Previous related internship or work experience in financial services and/or investment banking
- Solid computer science background; programming experience required
- Experience of electronic markets, models and arbitrage strategies is not a prerequisite but a strong plus
- Demonstrable knowledge of financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!