London – Graduate Analyst Programme 2017 – IT
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues.
Technology touches every part of BNP Paribas and underpins every deal we make. Our Technology teams are responsible for developing, implementing, operating and maintaining cutting-edge applications used across the business. Their key objective is to apply expertise in technology to business problems and deliver high-quality, practical solutions. That could mean developing new applications for our trading floors, supporting our traders and sales operations teams with their IT platform, setting up the infrastructure for a new office, or working with colleagues in other functions to develop tools to enhance our e-commerce, risk measurement, pricing and trade processing applications.
Understanding complex technology is one aspect, but a firm grasp of business issues is also essential. You could be working closely with our trading floor to develop the software that enables them to make the split second decisions that our business is founded on, or using your creativity and initiative to enhance or support our state-of-the-art systems and databases. Whatever the task, our technologists work in a fast-moving environment where solutions move from concept to implementation in weeks and months rather than years.
We are looking for a number of high calibre graduates to join our business focused IT team and provide the leadership of tomorrow. You could be working with any of our business groups and financial products within Corporate and Institutional Banking to provide technology solutions to business problems and identify opportunities to use the IT platform to support the business evolution.
What you’ll do
The role will be specialised in one of the following areas:
- Business and Technical Analysis
- Application Development
- Production Implementation, Analysis and Support
What we’re looking for
We are looking for candidates with:
- A passion for IT
- An ability to demonstrate a strong interest in IT (through studies, external projects/interests, work experience)
- Exposure to technical skills, e.g. Java, C#, HTML (most relevant for application development)
- Good communications skills – both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to work well within a team and to form good working relationships with external stakeholders and sponsors
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!