London - Graduate Programme 2018 - IT Country Project Office (CPO)
Main duties & responsibilities
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues.
The Country Project Office delivers high profile programmes and projects throughout the UK.
CPO plans, executes and implements projects within BNPP UK, which includes a working knowledge of regulatory and business processes. Through leadership and strong project management, CPO coordinates effort across all business areas and functions such as Global Markets, Corporate Banking, BP2S, Compliance, Operations, IT etc.
In addition to large projects and business changes delivery, CPO also provides advisory and consulting services such as:
- Project governance and approach, guidance and quality assurance
- Analysing problems and proposing solutions
- Leading teams through change
The team reports directly to the UK Territory management.
Key Responsibilities for the role
The graduate reports to the head of CPO and has the following responsibilities:
Supports a Project Manager or Business Analyst – on-the-job training of project management and business analysis skills
Supports delivery of analysis / review / documentation / presentation as per assignment while learning about different areas and functions of the bank
- Performs and documents analysis / review / study on specified topic
- Documents and / or supports definition of target operating models, standard operating procedures, processes, test scenarios etc.
- Quality management and control awareness of work delivered
Manages analysis / review / documentation autonomously after period of time
Manages different assignments in parallel
Builds and maintains relationships with team, sponsors, key stakeholders and business functions
Provides regular management reporting on progress, identifying issues for management attention at the earliest opportunity
Adheres to CPO standards and reporting structure in timely manner
- Knowledge of one banking business area and associated processes
- Product knowledge or banking operations knowledge optional
- Knowledge of how to manage projects optional
Management of workload
- Capacity to understand the bigger picture to appreciate context of the assignment
- Ability to prioritise and systematically organise tasks, demonstrating sensitivity to urgent matters, completing tasks in a timely manner
Analysis / problem solving
- Capability to get to understand complex situations
- Ability to think pragmatically and step back to take perspective
- Capacity to work hands-on using analytical, problem solving and synthesizing skills
- Capability to research solutions and gather data from many sources to ensure understanding of all relevant aspects
- Ability to seek perspectives of others and to collaborate with them in identifying solutions
- Capable of building strong relationships with people at different levels of seniority
- Impactful presentation & communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas (spoken and written) and create organised, accurate and concise written documents
- Capacity to tailor written and spoken communication to different audiences with appropriate level of detail
- Ability to seek support and ask targeted, thoughtful questions to facilitate task completion
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to acquire new knowledge/skills from project/assignment that is utilised in future work
- Appetite to learn new concepts and seek professional development
- Proactively develops and deepens specialised knowledge and personal skills.
- Capacity to adapt to the needs of the project, changing demands, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to manage stress well and perform reliably under changing demands and/or priorities
- Willingness to learn new project management or consulting methodologies and adapt to new tools or ways of working
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Closing Date: 5th April 2018
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!