London - 2019 Summer Internship Programme - Global Markets
Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career
Designed especially for penultimate-year students, the Summer Internship scheme lasting between eight and ten weeks will maximise your exposure to the world of business and finance. Combining substantial real work experience at the desk with managers, workshops, speaker series and networking and social events, our Summer Internships will immerse you in the world of Corporate & Institutional Banking. You will work on real projects and benefit from the support and advice of your team, enabling you to make the most of your experience.
The programme begins with a week of professional training which will help to enhance your technical and professional skills. You will then be allocated to two different desks allowing you to work on real projects, become part of the teams and gain a real insight into the role. In order for you to gain an understanding of the other areas within Global Markets, we will help you to arrange work-shadowing placements on other desks across the different divisions. In addition, you will attend workshops, including interactive case studies, networking and social events allowing you to meet with some of our senior managers and colleagues across CIB as well as working on individual and team projects.
The work you could be involved in varies will depend on the desks you join.
What we're looking for
To be considered for the Programme, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of study and have a strong academic record. We’re looking for individuals with a demonstrable interest in financial markets and economic affairs. It’s also essential that you have excellent analytical and communication skills. All candidates must speak fluent English.
Technical skills, competencies and qualifications required for the role
- Excellent academic background, on track for a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Motivated and driven to learn more about Global Markets
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 10 Weeks
Opening Date: 3rd September 2018
Closing Date: 30th November 2018