Desk Based Account Manager – Public Sector
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
As a mobility Account Manager working within the Public Sector, you can make a real difference to society and public expenditure. With the ability to provide mobility working solutions, you will be able to drive forward the UK’s public services to a modern infrastructure, whilst reducing cost expenditure and developing world-class solutions.
Career progression opportunities in this team are fantastic, and this would be a perfect role for an ambitious graduate who wants to establish their career in sales.
What you’ll be doing
Your role would be to profitably retain, develop and grow a defined portfolio of existing customer accounts in a defined corporate Public Sector customer sector. You will typically be managing a volume of accounts ranging from 75-100.
- Achieving and exceeding business targets, in terms of revenue, profit, volume, churn, customer satisfaction and customer contact.
- Creating account/win plan for all re-sign and growth opportunities, demonstrating your own required actions and effective engagement of your virtual team, and ensuring your win ratio is at or above team average.
- Developing effective telephone and email based relationships with customers. Demonstrating your knowledge of their business and their decision making process, and ensuring full delivery of the defined contact strategy for each account.
- Conducting customer calls & dialogue which supports your retention and growth campaign, fronting all commercial & contractual activity, and accurately record all sales activity on the central CRM system.
- Highlighting all business at risk, and ensure effective save plans are in place, using appropriate escalation routes.
- Operating within published commercial and contractual guidelines, making effective use of escalation routes.
- We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- The ability to work on your own initiative, designing solutions which respond to customer needs, and taking ownership for development and growth of your own customer base.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural flare for sales, and a desire to work in a targeted sales role.
- Ideally a university degree 2:2 and above, or a similar level of qualification.
- Some exposure to business to business sales and would be beneficial, but is not compulsory for the role.
Why choose us?
You'll get extensive training in the role on our products and we’ll make you the best sales person you can be. On top of your basic salary, you will get also an on target bonus of 50%, 25 days holiday, free broadband for your house and tonnes of other softer BT benefits.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!