Spring/Summer Vacation Scheme
A vacation scheme is a great way for you to experience life at Burges Salmon and see whether it could be right for you. It's also an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you and help shape your career.
During your vacation scheme, you’ll gain a real insight into our award-winning law firm as you:
• Work in two departments of your choice
• Get involved in ‘real’ work
• Have the chance to go to client meetings and visit court
• Attend skills sessions run by trainees and solicitors
• Get to know colleagues up and down the firm through social and sports events.
Every year we run a winter vacation scheme (one week), a spring vacation scheme (two weeks) and two summer vacation schemes (two weeks each), which are open to anyone who is eligible to apply for a training contract – regardless of your degree discipline.
We recruit between 60-70% of our trainees from the vacation scheme. You’ll be offered a training contract interview at the end of your scheme and if we decide that we’re right for each other, you'll be offered a training contract.