Financial Services Academy
Who you’ll be working with
You will join our Consulting Development Community (CDC) as part of the Financial Services (FS) Academy and, over 24 months, you will become a well-rounded and entrepreneurial management consultant specialising in FS projects.
As a member of the FS Academy, you will follow our tailored learning programme to develop your skills and expertise in Financial Services Consulting.
Our FS Academy is made up of consultants who have extensive experience in FS as well as those who have an interest in this sector. Together we deliver large scale transformation projects, helping our FS clients in banking, insurance & wealth, succeed in today's complex economic environment.
You will work as part of a project team to build trust-based relationships at the heart of our client’s organisation, helping them change the way they work and transform their business to achieve their goals. You’ll get early responsibility and build your skills through interesting and challenging work.
The Focus of Your Role
The programme is designed for talented graduates and second jobbers who would like the opportunity to develop consulting skills and capability within the Financial Services sector. You will work on a wide array of projects, with clients in Banking, Insurance and Wealth. You will develop a deep understanding of the business challenges our Financial Services clients face, and learn how externals factors such as GDPR, MiFID II and PSD II are impacting the industry. You will work primarily on FS projects, but your role may vary per project.
What you’ll do
- You will develop your core consulting skills by helping our FS clients change the way they work, behave and achieve their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale transformation programmes – anywhere in the UK or further afield – and ensure the smooth delivery of end to end projects by working flexibly in different business areas and delivering innovative solutions for clients. You will develop your experience and knowledge in Digital, Retail and Corporate Banking, Insurance & Wealth, Products & Services and Regulation & Compliance. You will also have the chance to contribute to our business through a wide range of internal activities, enabling you to grow and play your part in shaping your own career.
- You will get involved in stakeholder management, facilitating and hosting workshops, producing content for senior stakeholders and working with the project lead to deliver a proposition or solution. You’ll use your excellent organisational skills to ensure you manage multiple stakeholders. You’ll be incredibly flexible, adapting to the day to day changes which occur on every significant programme, and nimble in the way you work.
What you’ll bring
To get the most out of this role, you’ll need:
- To be great at building relationships and fostering trust
- A strong desire to further your own personal development
- To be comfortable working away from home for up to 5 days per week
- Experience of working in the Financial Services sector and/or demonstrate a strong interest in Financial Services
- At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video interviewing and assessment centres
What we’ll offer you
You will start consulting career at Capgemini Consulting with an intensive 2-week induction followed by a 2-day deep-dive course in the Financial Services industry. You will also attend 3-day residential Consulting Skills course run by our renowned Capgemini University in Les Fontaines.
During the 2-year programme, the FS Academy offers a wide range of training on specific FS topics, giving you the freedom to shape your career whilst gaining a well-rounded appreciation of the FS industry.
During your time in the CDC there will also be the opportunity to gain external accreditations. The successful completion of all modules covered in our Foundation Management Consulting Certificate (FMCC) over the two years of the Core Management Consulting Programme will secure you three professional qualifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation Level
- CIMA’s Financial Management for Business qualification
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
As a member of the FS Academy, you will also have the opportunity to study for industry recognised accreditations in FS including:
- Professional Banker Certificate
At the end of the 2-year CDC programme, subject to performance, you will progress to become a Consultant in one of our FS practice teams, with the opportunity for develop your career as an FS specialist. Throughout the programme you will continue to have the support and structure in place to help you achieve this goal.
We may be one of the world’s top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries. But we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them.
It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!