Junior Software Developer - Manchester
This exciting, immediately available opportunity offers you the chance to kick start your career in a FTSE 250 business with 8 weeks of paid training followed by 24 months on site experience with a leading international banking and financial services company.
Your journey begins in our Manchester training academy where the syllabus focuses on up to date industry relevant methodologies and practices, such as, data analysis, systems design, database design, programming/software development, and testing. We are a British Computer Society (BCS) accredited test and learning centre, giving you the opportunity to gain a number of certifications from the BCS such as foundation certificates in Agile and Systems Development as well as an International Diploma in Solution Development.
In addition to this you will spend 3 weeks knowledge transfer time with our client?s senior industry employees in London (during which accommodation will be provided) with bespoke training in .Net & Java on specific financial projects as well as training in CISCO.
Upon successful completion of your training you will be based on our clients site in Manchester where you will be involved in telephony projects designed to make the customer experience more effective and work with exciting technologies such as AI, Natural Language and Amazon Web Services.
It is an excellent opportunity that will provide you with the foundations to build a fantastic career as an IT professional.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology, and programming, with some practical coding skills in at least one programming language. Strong communication skills both written and spoken are also vital, as well as the following pre requisites:
- Minimum 2:1 Degree,
- Available to start mid June
- Able to spend 3 weeks in London (accommodation provided) during knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Enthusiastic about using new technologies to drive customer experience
- Passionate about technology
- Committed to the programme for 2 Years
- All candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. Documentary proof will be requested at interview.
- An interest in the financial sector and AI (Artificial Intelligence) & Natural Language is desirable
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!