Reimagine money, inspire life
Capital One are an information-based lending company, founded on the belief that technology and information can transform the industry and make life better for everyone.
In the digital age, money and the way people interact with it is evolving. At Capital One, we rely on happy customers. That’s why we’re Reimagining Money to help customers succeed and make life a little easier. We put our customers first, pride ourselves on innovation and are always on the lookout for the next big thing.
Our philosophy is simple:
Recruit extraordinary people and help them realise their full potential.
Our people shape the way we work. We know the next big idea could come from anywhere in the business. That’s why all our work areas are open plan and the directors and managers sit alongside the teams. Nurturing talent and tapping into potential is a no-brainer for us. Everyone plays their part and teamwork is a way of life.
No matter which scheme you join us on, you’ll get to work alongside – and be mentored by – some of the most talented people in the business and the industry, not to mention enjoy the freedom to do things your way. Through opportunity, resources, training and inspiration, you’ll be encouraged and supported to own your work, pursue your ideas and achieve your professional and personal goals.
It goes without saying that you’ll need a head for figures, but finance is more than just numbers. You’ll be given the opportunity to gain on the job experience as you join our rotation programme allowing you to develop your understanding of different finance functions and help you plan your future career. Whatever it is you do, we’ll make sure you’re given full support, so you can get the most out of your experience.
For us, the perfect candidate in finance comes from a strong academic background, has great interpersonal skills, possesses a knack for analytical thinking and last but not least, has a positive attitude and a can-do approach to problem-solving.
What do our Finance Analysts do?
- Work on management reporting, focusing on our cost base, and preparing our statutory accounts
- Analyse and forecast business results in order to identify and realise improvements in financial performance
- Work on analytical projects to help the business from a strategic perspective
- Drive innovations in our business processes such as report automation or data visualisation
- Produce UK and International reporting for our leadership team to support decision making and tell the business story to our US parent
What are we looking for?
We hire individuals, not box tickers. You don’t have to have studied a particular subject; who knew what they wanted to be when they first started university? The graduates we find do best in our application process and beyond when they join us on a scheme typically demonstrate:
- A minimum 2.1 degree with at least 320 UCAS points
- An analytical mind set and the ability to break down complex problems and identify great solutions
- A passion for doing the right thing for customers
- An obsession with technology and a good grasp of programming if they are applying for a technical role
- Bags of personality with entrepreneurial flair
We treat our graduates right – after all, one of you could be our future CEO. That’s why our graduate salaries start at £32,000. We also offer a generous £5,000 signing on bonus, as well as an annual performance related bonus.
It’s not just about the pound signs though. We like to make sure our associates are well looked after – in every sense. Here’s how:
- 25 day’s holiday and option to buy up to 5 extra days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical, dental and life assurance plans
- Interest-free travel season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme at high street retailers
- Free on-site gym and subsidised restaurant
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!