Reimagine money, inspire life
Capital One are an information-based lending company, founded on the belief that technology and information can transform the industry and make life better for everyone.
In the digital age, money and the way people interact with it is evolving. At Capital One, we rely on happy customers. That’s why we’re Reimagining Money to help customers succeed and make life a little easier. We put our customers first, pride ourselves on innovation and are always on the lookout for the next big thing.
Our philosophy is simple:
Recruit extraordinary people and help them realise their full potential.
Our people shape the way we work. We know the next big idea could come from anywhere in the business. That’s why all our work areas are open plan and the directors and managers sit alongside the teams. Nurturing talent and tapping into potential is a no-brainer for us. Everyone plays their part and teamwork is a way of life.
No matter which scheme you join us on, you’ll get to work alongside – and be mentored by – some of the most talented people in the business and the industry, not to mention enjoy the freedom to do things your way. Through opportunity, resources, training and inspiration, you’ll be encouraged and supported to own your work, pursue your ideas and achieve your professional and personal goals.
At Capital One, we’re purpose driven and we want to be known as the company that is reimagining money through clever innovations and technology. We’re always looking ahead and we’ve always got our eye set on the next big thing. That’s why we’ve launched the Operations Academy. This brand new programme allows you to reimagine your role and experience multiple sides of our business. You’ll get an overview of everything from customer service operations to fraud and complaints resolution. You’ll need to think outside of the box, solving problems for customers.
Over the programme you’ll have the opportunity to learn a whole spectrum of new skills. You’ll pick up experience of process management, which will help you appreciate what it takes to successfully manage key operational processes, deliver continuous improvements to hit KPIs and achieve customer satisfaction. You’ll gain a fundamental understanding of Risk Management and how to balance the needs of our customers and the needs of the business in an effective manner.
You’ll also network across our business to offer operational insight into key tech and marketing projects. Ultimately you will gain all the skills you need to be a future operational leader who drives change, delivers results and inspires others. At the end, you will have a well-rounded understanding of the complex work we do and gained a lot of experience, which will allow you to reimagine your future career in incredible ways.
What do our Operations Associates do?
- Work across multiple departments spending six months in each
- As part of Customer Service Operations, work with cross-functional teams to continuously improve the end-to-end customer journey
- Gain experience within our Fraud Department, controlling monitoring plans and assessments
- Focus on the customer experience by owning the delivery of key projects to achieve outstanding customer service
- Manage entire teams within Complaints Resolution delivering results through others, developing people leadership skills
- Within Risk Operations, develop relationship management skills working alongside our offshore suppliers in India and the Philippines and manage regulatory, operational and supplier risks using risk registers
What are we looking for?
We hire individuals, not box tickers. You don’t have to have studied a particular subject; who knew what they wanted to be when they first started university? The graduates we find do best in our application process and beyond when they join us on a scheme typically demonstrate:
- A minimum 2.1 degree with at least 320 UCAS points
- An analytical mind set and the ability to break down complex problems and identify great solutions
- A passion for doing the right thing for customers
- An obsession with technology and a good grasp of programming if they are applying for a technical role
- Bags of personality with entrepreneurial flair
We treat our graduates right – after all, one of you could be our future CEO. That’s why our graduate salaries start at £32,000. We also offer a generous £5,000 signing on bonus, as well as an annual performance related bonus.
It’s not just about the pound signs though. We like to make sure our associates are well looked after – in every sense. Here’s how:
- 25 day’s holiday and option to buy up to 5 extra days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical, dental and life assurance plans
- Interest-free travel season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme at high street retailers
- Free on-site gym and subsidised restaurant
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!