Software Academy - Graduate Programme 2018
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we focus on delivering products and services with our customers’ needs at their heart. We get closer to them through the acres of data their card use yields and analyse it so we know how and where we can help them succeed with credit. The result is a data-driven, tech-enabled business on a mission to simplify finance – through innovations like Quickcheck: an easy, risk-free way for customers to check if they’ll be approved for a Capital One credit card, before they apply. Of course, none of our work would be possible without the ideas, passion and commitment of our people. If you’re ready to collaborate with them. If you want to join a force for good in finance. Join us and you’ll drive innovation and bring it to life.
Work in Software because...
...We use innovative technologies to create innovative solutions to all problems. We look for the tech-obsessed problem solvers with the inquisitive minds and curious natures to make the most of them.
Our Software Academy will develop your talent for Software Engineering and put it front and centre in our business. It’s a two-year programme: one year to teach you the basics of the discipline and deepen your expertise in a technology field, ranging from Big Data and Mobile to Cyber Security; the second year will broaden your skillset by exploring other technologies to meet different business opportunities. All while developing world-class technical skills on cutting-edge projects. Scrums, huddles and daily catch-ups will become second nature as you build your knowledge of agile working. Face-to-face mentoring with Dedicated Technical and Assigned Career Mentors will help guide your career, reimagine the opportunities and discover where your true talent and passions lie.
What you'll do:
- Develop software using agile methodology to create new and revolutionary mobile or web applications to make banking easier for our customers
- Reimagine our architecture using open source, micro service, cloud and APIs
- Design and implement creative ways to build quality into projects so we can continue to be at the forefront of innovation
- Deploy and build open source software and cloud hosted solutions
- Work on the core logic that drives our business, always looking ahead for the next big thing that will change the status quo
- Discover inspiring solutions to complicated problems
What you’ll get in return…
We treat our graduates right – after all, one of you could be our future CEO. That’s why our Software Engineering graduates can look forward to a base salary of £32,000. We also offer a generous £5,000 signing on bonus, as well as an annual performance related bonus.
It’s not just about the pound signs, though. We like to make sure our associates are well looked after – in every sense. Here’s how:
- 25 days’ holiday and option to buy 5 extra days
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Group personal pension and life assurance schemes
- Free on-site gym at our Nottingham HQ and discounted gym membership scheme
- Subsidised restaurant
- Employee discount scheme at highstreet retailers
- Interest-free season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Educational assistance programme
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 2ND MARCH
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!