Spain Awaits: Become a CAPS Language Conversation Assistant
Final call to start your adventure in Spain with CAPS (Conversation Language Assistants Programme) Apply now to start in October!
Learn to teach in a school & explore life in the Mediterranean with your Spanish host family!!
CAPS in a life changing opportunity for people to come to Spain as a Conversation Language Assistant, live with a volunteer host family & help students in their school improve their English skills.
The CAPS programme lasts for one academic school year (nine months September/October to the following June). We are looking for committed, young, dynamic and creative people who are ready to take on a life changing experience. Each assistant needs to be willing and committed to help Spanish students from infant, primary or secondary schools improve their level of English by assisting the main teacher for 25 classroom hours per week.
Each assistant receives a monthly allowance, accommodation and training with a FREE 150 hour TEFL or Advanced Teaching course, which is provided by a Spanish university.
A unique part of the CAPS Programme is that each assistant lives with a host family. This means that each assistant has a warm, safe & authentic ﬁrst-hand cultural experience whilst in Spain.
Also family accommodation removes a considerable amount of financial pressure when living and working abroad. Meals, laundry and transport to and from the school are all covered, leaving you free to spend your monthly allowance as you wish.
What We Offer:
- 9 month life changing experience.
- Monthly allowance of €315(CAPS Programme) or €465 (CAPS PLUS Programme) per month with accommodation, food and transport to and from the school included.
- Free TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) / Advanced teaching course & certiﬁcation. This will open doors for you after the CAPS programme, enabling you to travel and teach around the world.
- Gain international & “real” classroom experience which will improve CV & future prospects.
- Experience the Mediterranean lifestyle, language & customs of Spain.
We Are Looking For People Who Are:
- Native English Speakers.
- Graduate from college or university (A-Level or equivalent minimum requirements).
- Bright & talented.
- Dynamic & sociable.
- Passionate to learn & explore another culture.
- Motivated & enthusiastic to help children learn English.
- Adventurous and ready to live abroad & experience the amazing Mediterranean culture.
- 7 years of experience, pioneer in the Spanish Educational Sector.
- More than 1500 Conversation assistants have been successfully placed over the last seven years, why don’t you be the next!
- 400 schools collaborate with our organization.
How To Apply:
To request more information and an application form, please apply now.
For applicants applying from outside of the EU visa restrictions apply. Therefore we are only able to accept applicants from the following countries who are eligible to apply for a student visa from their local Spanish Embassy: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Please note, applications are ongoing depending on vacancies.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!