Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancy’s in the UK with a network of 36 offices (twelve in Central London) across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property. We spearhead major schemes for public bodies. We look after the property interests of cathedrals, colleges and charities. Throughout our endeavours, we never forget the importance of the people behind the brands, businesses, projects and goals. That’s why some of the biggest property owners in the country are our loyal clients, some of which have been clients of Carter Jonas since the business was established over 163 years ago.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity. We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious..
Carter Jonas At A Glance:
- 1.3 million+ acres of land managed by us nationally
- £137million is the largest residential and rural portfolio we value bi-annually
- 100% success rate in hydro planning and licensing applications
- 12th in the Property Week Agency League Table
- 14th largest UK property consultancy by turnover according to Estate Gazette’s Top Agents survey
- 700miles+ of UK foreshore and port management
- 14th leading employer of chartered town planners, according to Planning magazine’s Consultancy Survey
- 23,000 acres of development land on which we are advising, with capacity for 100,000 new homes
- 2GW of Battery Energy Storage projects under development
- 400,000 of Commercial Space acquired annually in London
- 40,000 acres of land brought to the market in 2017
- £825,000 average price of houses sold by Carter Jonas in 2017
- £2.28 million average price of house sold by Carter Jonas in Prime Central London in 2017
- 154 local authorities employing Carter Jonas’ services pus half of the London boroughs
- We are in a period of sustained growth and development. From a business with a turnover of £15 million in 2009, we are now a national, multi-disciplinary property partnership with a turnover of over £60 million.
- Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- We are Investors in People Gold awarded (IIP) and an equal opportunities employer.
Carter Jonas is a signatory to the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark as we believe that diversity and inclusion is integral in our achievement of Vision 2020. Traditional roots have hindered the Property Industry in identifying and developing talented property professionals from diverse backgrounds. We recognise that in this competitive employment market, a workplace culture that is inclusive fosters an environment that increases productivity and performance. In order to drive true change at Carter Jonas, our business leaders will build upon our equality and diversity policies, sharing and evolving best practice across recruitment, training and development of all staff. We will attract, engage and retain the best partners and employees to achieve our business objectives.
In 2015, Carter Jonas signed up to Property Week’s Diversity Charter, which sets out 10 principles in its Open Plan campaign for greater equality and diversity. These principles include monitoring diversity data, offering paid internships, a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination and encouraging employees to report instances of prejudice.
We use Equality & Diversity training to heighten awareness and provide practical scenarios of where further consideration should be made to individual needs. During 2015, we rolled out Equality and Diversity training to all staff, with new starters beyond this date being enrolled shortly after joining as part of their induction training programme. Furthermore, all line managers prior to recruiting are given unconscious bias awareness support, to ensure that discrimination does not occur through unconscious bias against a protected characteristic during the recruitment process.
We monitor diversity throughout the organisation on our HRIS and provide management reports on equal opportunity for recruitment, retention, succession planning, training and development. Our HR policies include Anti-Harassment, Disability Discrimination and Equal Opportunities.
There are currently no vacancies on TARGETjobs. Please check back soon.