2018 Graduate Commercial Surveyor
Carter Jonas LLP is a leading multi-disciplinary UK property consultancy. We are renowned for the quality of our service and expertise of our people. We help our clients sell, let, manage and add value to their properties, whether they be residential homes, farms and estates, development land, offices, industrial or retail buildings. Our clients experience a level of service which goes beyond their expectations, from in depth local market insight to unrivalled technical knowledge to innovative marketing techniques.
With a network of 38 offices across England and Wales, we employ more than 700 people. We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and where our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
We are hiring graduate surveyors to join our Commercial division. This is a varied and interesting graduate role requiring project and business management skills with hands-on delivery to provide property services to a wide range of clients.
Our two-year Commercial graduate structured training offers a wide range of experience allowing you to work across almost all areas of our business. The training focuses on the completion of the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Throughout the two-years, graduates can expect to work across the different departments to gain the experience they require to pass their APC. These may include: Agency, Development, Investment, Professional and Valuation subject to the qualification route taken by the candidate.
Purpose of Job
Your main responsibilities and duties are to carry out all necessary tasks to ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the commercial agency and development team at all times. This may involve other departments / offices and may include, but is not confined to:-
- Providing an excellent quality of service to clients at all times, including responding to all client and internal communications in a timely manner;
- Liaising as necessary with clients and prospective clients;
- Efficiently managing the resources under your control, to ensure that work is profitable wherever possible;
- Supporting the commercial services and professional services team as required depending on current workload
- Taking responsibility for the accurate input of data on to the property database and ensuring the commercial services team have up to date information available at all times;
- Ensuring that other agents’ properties are listed on the database system and that this database is kept up to date at all times
- Prepare inquiry schedules for clients as required for marketing meetings
- Providing support to the surveyors in the commercial agency and development team in the management and delivery of client instructions
- To shadow the surveyors across the business as required to gain sufficient experience for your APC training
- To attend property viewings with potential tenants/purchasers
In addition, you are required at all times to:-
- Behave in a manner appropriate to a professional practice;
- Follow all company policies and procedures;
- Carry out your work accurately and in good time;
- Be flexible in your approach to undertaking the tasks required of you;
- Be willing to undertake training when it is deemed necessary for your job;
- Be willing to train others in the workplace as necessary;
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required of you.
It is preferred that you will have a RICS recognised degree as well as experience within a commercial practice gained through work experience or placements. You will have excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients. It is also essential that you have a full UK driving licence.
We offer you:
We offer a structured training programme, regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency and up to five days study leave. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee, your first APC final assessment and up to £500 towards suitable course fees, plus 25 days annual leave and a great working environment.
- Approachable – we treat every relationship with respect, integrity & warmth
- Effective – we do what we say we will, we do it well & we’re accountable
- Ambitious – we are ambitious for our clients and our firm
Starting September 2018.
Apply directly through our website via the 'Apply online' button.
You will be asked to respond to a number of questions about your academic achievements and work experience and to write a covering letter. We also ask you about your motivations and interest in a career in property as well as any extracurricular activities. We ask you to provide reference contact details, one educational and one employment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!