Engineering (Design & Development) Graduate Programme
Who are we?
Pyroban is a global leader in the field of protecting diesel engines and mobile machinery for use in potentially explosive atmospheres such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, foods & flavours and even distilleries; many of which being Fortune Global 500 companies.
We have facilities in across Europe and China and work collaboratively to provide bespoke “designed to order” solutions for our customers. As leaders in the industry, our Engineers are active members of global standardisation committees and industry forums.
Our solutions involve a range of technologies including exhaust heat exchangers, structures, vibration management, couplings, stress analysis, cooling systems, electrical control system development, and wiring systems.
Our facility is IMechE accredited for the MPDS chartered Engineer development programme.
What experiences will I have?
The Global Engineering team designs and develops electronic, electrical and mechanical explosion protection solutions for diesel engines and mobile machinery to meet the specific legislation requirements.
Within the UK, the Engineering functions comprise Research and Development, Application Engineering, Detailed design, Compliance and Test.
During our two year Graduate Development programme, you will have the opportunity to rotate within other departments (Product Management, Sales, Marketing, After-sales and Operations) to gain a broader understanding of how Engineering fits within the overall business. You will work with a number of project teams, contributing to the design and/or development of critical elements within the overall project, these experiences will contribute to your experience towards becoming a chartered engineer.
You will work as part of the Application and Development teams, accountable for the delivery of specific elements of each project and will gain practical experience of one or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical Engineering and design processes
- Computer Aided Engineering (FEA, CFD, CAD/CAM)
- Component and system certification processes
- Machine testing
- Systems integration
Who are we looking for?
The Caterpillar Graduate Development programme is a great opportunity for enthusiastic and self-driven Engineers keen to learn the core skills of a professional Engineer. Through the support of Engineering mentors, the IMechE MPDS process and our Personal Development Management system, successful graduates have the opportunity to become future and technical leaders within the Caterpillar group of companies.
Applicants should have completed an honours degree with a minimum achievement of 2:1 in one of the following disciplines:
- General Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Skills / Experience / Key competencies required:
- Demonstrate at least a basic knowledge of diesel engine and construction equipment operation and design
- Competent using MS Office suite and ideally skilled in the use of 3D design tools such as Pro Engineer / Creo / Autodesk Inventor
- Highly self-motivated
- Desire to challenge both yourself and the organisation on delivery of technically cost effective designs and solutions.
- Demonstrate potential to be a technical leader within Caterpillar.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, a foreign language would be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a global team, as well as on own initiative.
- Strong planning, organising and problem solving skills.
- Willing to travel and engage with different cultures.
Caterpillar is an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!