Supply Chain and Logistics - Larne
Who are Caterpillar?
Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure for over 90 years as the leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. But beyond this, the organisation has established itself as a technology leader in construction, transportation, mining, forestry, energy, logistics, electronics, financing and electric power generation.
The supply chain function covers many areas including Order to Delivery, Demand Management, Material Supply. Transportation and Compliance and Supplier Quality.
What experiences can we offer you?
The main focus of this department is to operate on a tactical / strategic basis to ensure our supply chain drives towards excellence in efficiency, reliability and flexibility. Through a World Class Supply Chain, Caterpillar is able to support our partners, customers and shareholders to yield greater returns and therefore contribute towards our corporate and divisional strategy.
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will collaborate with global suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for the facility production.
You will be working with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability.
There will also be an opportunity for you to collaborate with the purchasing, quality and manufacturing operations teams. Along with getting involved in exciting projects including New Product Introduction. Working as part of this small team you will really get to make a positive impact during your placement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the facility
- Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
- Utilize root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
- Analyse established parts schedules and production requirements
- Convert requirements into appropriate piece parts
- Requisition materials and regulate inventory levels
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
- Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning
- Day to day management of haulier bookings.
- Provide Customs clearance procedures
- Understand and Involvement in trade compliance.
Working with experienced team members you will receive all the coaching, guidance and support for your work and personal development. It is our intention that you will be given opportunities to develop your knowledge and experience within a real world setting. Our aim is that these industrial placement opportunities provide the firm foundations necessary for a long and successful future career.
Who are we looking for?
Successful Applicants will be on track to obtaining a 2:1 in one of the following degrees: Supply Chain, Logistics or a Business Related.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their ability to employ the following characteristics:
An adaptable approach.
- Highly reliable and professional manner
- Be able to develop excellent business relationships
- Become an ambassador of the Caterpillar Values in Action.
- Ability to complete logical problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic thinking when required
- Creative thinking as appropriate
- Negotiation skills
- Responsible and accountable attitude
- Timely and effective decision making
- Ability to travel if required
- Ability to use presentation / project management / data analysis software
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!