12 Month Industrial Placement - Master Data Support
Who are Caterpillar? What do we do?
We are the world's leading manufacturer of Construction and Mining Equipment, and one of the world’s most respected Companies and Brands in the World. By following our industrial placement scheme you will be able to explore various roles and disciplines around the business to help develop your career. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
Caterpillar is a globally diverse company. Its people come from many places. Their backgrounds and experiences are
different and so are the businesses they work for within Caterpillar.
A position Has become available for a placement student in the Product and System Change Management (PSCM) Group at Caterpillar (NI) Limited, part of Caterpillar's Global Power Solutions Division (GPSD) located in Larne.
The PSCM group is responsible for process management for global product changes, including variant configuration, bills of material and material masters on the enterprise resource planning system, SAP.
What experiences can we offer you?
One sub-function of the PSCM group is product life-cycle management and business system strategy. The placement student will be based in this strategy team and will play a key role in setting up proofs of concept for improved business system processes, supporting data governance and data analysis, and assisting with the introduction of product and system changes that improve Caterpillar’s competitiveness.
- Provide assistance to the technical experts in the product life-cycle management and business system strategy group.
- Assist with setting up of proofs of concept for business system improvements.
- Support data analysis, data governance, and reporting for various departments.
- Complete and apply basic training on engineering standards and SAP variant configuration.
- Complete placements in other departments in Larne to understand the wider business.
- Completion of any other assigned tasks in a timely manner to support PSCM and GPSD.
- Carry out all work in accordance with company policies and procedures.
We will provide you with a mentor to support you throughout your professional development to help you gain Chartered or Incorporated Status. We also operate a conditional offers process, our highest performing placement students are fast tracked to our graduate development scheme with a conditional offer of employment upon returning to university. This includes a financial incentive and the potential of a summer work placement.
We really value diversity at Caterpillar and the benefits to our business it provides – we will provide you the opportunity to collaborate and share your creative ideas throughout your career.
Who are we looking for?
Applicants should be working towards a degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
We will provide you the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.