Summer Internship Programs
Citi’s paid ten-week Summer Internship Programs offer the ideal opportunity to hone your skills, build your professional network and establish a long-term career with us. Because at Citi, career growth is not a question of if – but when.
You’ll be part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world. Something we’ve been doing since we opened our first office in New York in 1812.
We offer summer internships in a number of business areas. These include Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Capital Markets Origination, Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Solutions, Investment Research, Private Bank, Risk Management, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
What our Programs involve
Our Programs start in June with a week’s training in London. Then, you’ll enjoy the global opportunities and long-term learning and development initiatives experienced by over 240,000 Citi employees worldwide. Top-performing Summer interns return to Citi after graduation to work as a full-time graduate.
An internship comprises a mixture of training, social events and professional experiences. Your ten weeks are likely to include:
- Working as part of your team on a variety of different projects and tasks
- Developing your knowledge and expertise
- Building a deep understanding of the organization and your business area through networking and work experience
- Preparing and delivering an end-of-internship presentation
- You’re in your penultimate/final year of university, or have graduated with a 2:1 or equivalent in any discipline
- You have 320 UCAS points or equivalent
- You are, ideally but not necessarily, fluent in a second language
And that’s not all. A global perspective on the future of banking and the drive to make an impact at a corporate level are vital, too. We also look for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn and develop a deep understanding of the financial industry, success in team environments
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
- Interest in business
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!