Investment Banking Summer Analysts – EMEA
Progress Starts Here
Citi’s paid ten-week Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program offers the ideal opportunity to hone your skills, build your professional network and establish a long-term career with us. Because at Citi, career growth is not a question of if – but when.
You’ll join the EMEA Investment Banking team within our Institutional Clients Group. This team advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets or need strategic support in financial transactions. So you could be working with clients on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting, or distributing equity, debt, and derivative securities. Don’t worry if these terms are new to you as the internship will give you all the training, support and knowledge you need to excel.
What the internship involves
Your Program will start in June with a week’s training in London. Then, you’ll be assigned to an industry or product coverage group where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development. Top-performing Summer Analysts return to Citi after graduation as a full-time Analyst.
An internship comprises a mixture of training, social events and professional experiences. Your ten weeks will be spent doing any or all of the following:
- Collecting and analyzing company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising, and organizing financial data
- Analyzing financial data, and developing financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing, and comparative analyses
- Creating and finalizing new business development presentations
- Coordinating tasks with internal and external teams
- Preparing required internal documentation, e.g. control and compliance regulations
- You’re in your penultimate/final year of university, or have a 2:1 or equivalent in any discipline
- You have 128 UCAS points or equivalent
- You have an interest in business
- You are, ideally but not necessarily, fluent in a second language
And that’s not all. We want motivated individuals, who are eager to grow their careers in Investment Banking and take pride in their work. So we also look for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, strong desire to learn and develop a deep understanding of the financial industry, success in team environments
- Intellectual curiosity and a proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th December